Please see below for details to do with qualifications, experience & services offered by me – Michelle Radcliffe – here in Melbourne, Australia. For a more general overview, please scroll through the home page.
- Master of Education (Student Wellbeing), The University of Melbourne 2011
- Graduate Diploma in Psychology, The University of Melbourne, 2010
- Bachelor of Education (Primary), The University of Melbourne, 2006
(with additional TESOL method and LOTE Chinese method)
- Diploma in Modern Languages (Mandarin Chinese), The University of Melbourne, 2006
- Diploma in Creative Arts (Theatre Studies), The University of Melbourne, 2006
Through our main photography business, ‘Pause The Moment‘, we have many years of experience covering:
- Family portraits
- Birthdays and other celebrations
- Corporate events and headshots
With our secondary photography business, ‘Paws The Moment‘, we follow our special passion for photographing animals and pets.
We would love to hear from you if you have an event that needs professional photography or if you would like a portrait session – either for yourself or to give as a gift or voucher for a friend or family member.
Weddings, Family, Events & Corporate – Pause The Moment Photography
- Pause The Moment Photography – Facebook
Animal & Pet Photography – Paws The Moment Photography
Experience as a Teacher, Tutor & Counsellor
Children are most definitely our future! I have worked in schools for over a decade and have tutored privately since 2002. My tutoring and counselling services can now be explored on my Templestowe Tutoring website, www.templestowe-tutoring.com, along with my professional degrees and teaching experience. I love helping students through educational, social and emotional challenges so that they can experience success and feel a sense of achievement and fulfilment. If you know a young person who would benefit from my time please be in touch. I also tutor adults who are learning English as a second language. My counselling and personal coaching sessions are billed at standard NDIS rates and appointments can be held via Zoom or FaceTime.
Private Tutoring, Counselling and Coaching
- Tutored students from Prep to Year 12 (2002 – present) and adult learners
- Delivered personalised remedial and extension programs in a wide variety of curriculum areas
- Professional registration maintained through the VIT (Victorian Institute of Teaching)
- Online personal counselling and coaching sessions now available for both NDIS funded and personally funded clients
- Specialist teacher of K-6 Music & P-6 Mandarin Chinese + Coordinator of Performing Arts (2014-2015)
- Classroom Teacher + Coordinator of Performing Arts (2010-2013)
Blackburn Primary School
- Classroom Teacher + Assembly Coordinator (2007-2009)
Carey Baptist Grammar School
- Assistant Director of Musicals (Senior School 2002-2005, Middle School 2006)
- Debating coach (2005-2008)
- Report proof-reader (2006-2009)
Department of Education and Training Victoria
- Rolling Hills Primary School (Part time in a temporary class sharing capacity, temporarily full-time as LSL replacement and as an occasional CRT)
- Blackburn Primary School (Full time 2007-2009)
- CRT support at a number of schools including Brunswick North West Primary School and Abbotsford Primary School
The University of Melbourne
- Education Officer for Education Students’ Society (2004) and Psychology Students’ Society (2008)
- Faculty of Education Student Representative Board Member (2004-2006)
- Director of Musicals for University of Melbourne’s Music Theatre Association (2002-2003)
Activities and Interests
- Theatre – Pursue opportunities to watch, study, write, perform and direct live performances
- Music – Delight in listening, learning, performing and teaching music
- Debating – Have coached students, given workshops and undertaken formal debates
- Photography – Enjoy wedding, portrait and animal photography (professionally for many years now but still as a hobby too!)
- Cultural exploration, backpacking and travelling – Countries visited include Singapore, Malaysia, Indonesia, China, Japan, Thailand, Hong Kong, USA, NZ, Guatemala, Mexico, Belize, UK, Ireland, Germany, Italy, Greece, Austria, Egypt, Jordan, Israel, Dubai, India, France and the Netherlands.
Awards Received and Positions Granted
- Selected as Digital Learning and Teaching Victoria representative by Kingswood College (2014)
- UMPA Council Member by The University of Melbourne Postgraduate Association (2008)
- Elected to the Arts & Culture Committee of the University of Melbourne Student Union (2007)
- Finalist in Melbourne University Debating Society Freehills Cup (2002)
- Duke of Edinburgh Award – Gold level (2001)
Chinese Language and Culture
I have a passion for Chinese and have enjoyed studying and teaching this wonderful language. I founded and currently administer the Facebook Group “Mandarin Chinese Language Teachers” for those who are teaching Chinese as a Second Language. This group has grown to host over 10,000 members from around the world.
- Facebook Group: Mandarin Chinese Language Teachers
I completed elective LOTE placements and qualifying subjects at The University of Melbourne and attained Diploma of Modern Languages in Mandarin Chinese at The University of Melbourne in 2006. I was privileged to be awarded a Endeavour Language Teaching Fellowship to China by DEECD in 2007 and have travelled widely through Asia on numerous occasions.
Professional Writing Experience
In 2015, my passion for the Asian Languages teaching led to my invitation to write curriculum documents for the Digital Teaching & Learning branch of Education Services Australia. This group, funded by the Australian Government Department of Education, employed me to author documents compliant with the Australian Curriculum for their Language Learning Space (a web-based platform offering resources and services to language teachers).
- Language Learning Space: www.esa.edu.au/projects/language-learning-space
- Scope & Sequence and Lesson Plans for New Teachers by Michelle Radcliffe: https://www.lls.edu.au/teacherspace/professionallearning/2316
Food, Entertainment, Technology and Event Blog
Although I don’t have much time for it these days, I have loved writing about food, culture, travel and the like. My blog is called ‘Pacific Ginger’ and my Instagram account is under the same title. Hopefully I will have time to pick it up again one day. You’re welcome to have a look at my past adventures!
Professional Development Highlights
Alongside my Graduate Diploma in Psychology and my Masters in Education (Student Wellbeing) I have enjoyed many other avenues of professional development. In addition to it being important for my continued teaching registration, lifelong learning is something I take very seriously! Please visit my LinkedIn page for more information.
- ThinkPlus Implementation – Bernadette Lanyon
- Positive Education – Lea Waters
- Innovation in Education – Education Changemakers
- Inquiry in the IB Primary Years Program – Andrea Muller
- Resilience Training for Teachers and Students – Hugh Van Cuylenburg
- Concept Based Curriculum – International Baccalaureate Primary Years Program (PYP)
- Accelerative Integrative Methodology Workshop – AIM Australia & New Zealand
- Augmented Reality in the Classroom – Digital Learning and Teaching Victoria (DLTV)
- Appreciative Inquiry Workshop – Lea Waters
- iPad Magic – Stuart Deane
- Dance and Drama in the Australian Curriculum – Independent Schools Victoria (ISV)
- Effective Formative Assessment Strategies – Critical Agendas
- Making the PYP Happen Workshop – Melissa Graham
- Using Technology to Humanise the Learning Experience – Andrew Douch
- Visual Literacy – Connecting the Australian Curriculum General Capabilities – ISV
- Visible Learning & Feedback – Jayne-Ann Young
- Teaching with the Brain in Mind – Jenni Heffernan
- MPower Girls Positive Relationship Leadership Training – Stride Foundation
- CSE National Reform Agenda & Brain Science and Learning – Centre for Strategic Education
- The Power of the Positive – Positive Psychology and the Early Years – ISV
- Soundasaurus Spelling – Vivienne Gyopar
- Pastoral Care Conference on the Sunshine Coast: ‘The Pull of the Future’ – AHISA
- What is Resilience and Why is it Important in Schools? – Helen McGrath
- The Psychology of Purposeful Living – June De Vaus
- THRASS Programs in Junior Schools – Chris Killey
- Differentiation Today – Lisa McNiece
- Upbeat Class Music Education Workshop – Jeffrey Leask
Return to the home page.